The hip injury is history

I hereby declare my hip injury cured !
I have followed my plan of average 2 runs and 2 strenght workouts per week. It has worked well and I have been feeling better and better for every week. So, I spiced up the two last weeks with two floorball trainings and still no fallback. No pain in piriformis, gluteus or tractus/IT-band.
Finally, my body seem to be able to recover from training without selv treatment. (I have done some self treatment with a crocketball and a home-made foamroller. Sitting on the crocket ball to kill the piriformis and gluteus maximus, rolling on the ball with the outer hip (gluteus medius and minimus) using body weight...rolling on the foamroller with the tractus/IT-band....incredibly painful but very, very effective.)

The old injury is cured but now my knee hurts....
This Saturday, I went on an unplanned run http://connect.garmin.com/activity/49968203 which turned up to be my longest this year, first half with continous elevation gain and I just couldn't stop :) Seems that the floorball training gave me a boost, both aerobicwise and strenghtwise. The bad news is that during the evening the right knee was hurting on the inside. Alarm, alarm new injury coming ??? No, I think that if I take it easy a few more days and don't do more floorball for a while and go back to only easy runs, I'll be OK. I know that some of you might say that floorball is too tough for a runner and right after an injury, but I thought that as long as I allow myself enough recovery I will be fine. Now, why does my knee hurt...I believe it is because (as always...) I ramped up too much by adding floorball (a weekly floorball training two weeks in a row) and thereby stressed my knee/quadricep too much. Or...can it be the 8.5 run with the uphill/downhill running that caused it ?
Anyway, I treat the knee with Voltaren and I don't feel any pain unless I bend the knee fully and the pain is gradually decreasing for each day.
Anyone know about similar knee pain on the inside in the area where the quadricep connects, also called the VMO area ?

Kommentarer

  1. Hi Mr W !
    Nice to hear that you are now free from piriformis problems. I have not so much of experiences when comes to knee-problems, but one reflection is that starting up with a little bit longer runs like this you should perhaps avoid to hilly routes. Looking into GC I can see in the elevation profile that here we are talking about an initial increase of appr. 80meters, before you turn "down again".

    El Maco did one unforgettable week up in Björnrike this spring, you know how it looks like up there....... the rest is history.. yes his bursa-problems was a fact.

    Mr USC did a real hilly - killer up in the mountains as well this autumn.....
    I am sure they both have experience to share here....

    so without to much of expert here, at least in a start-up phase, perhaps you should try to find a flat alternative, at least for you easy runs....

    So, hold on, hopefully your knee-problems is not a big problem...

    BR
    K./.

    SvaraRadera
  2. You are probably right that the hills took my knee. Nevertheless, I have been careful this week, with only one easy run and some strenght training. The knee gradually become better for each day and has been free of symptoms today so I think it will be ok.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar