3xGames Triathlon Gjerdrum 2013

Hi !

I'd just like to share some great photos from my very first triathlon ever in Norway on Aug 31st. Mr W together with two other enthusiasts arranged this unforgettable event.

This was a top arrangement, with so much support along the whole way. Next year I wouldn't be surprized if 3xGames double the number of participators :-)

At the starting point we where 14 competitors (12 gents + 2 ladies).
The temperature in Lysdammen was on low +15C .... , so I felt pretty uncomfortable
before start... In addition to that I am an extremely poor swimmer :-) !!!!!



After 750meters I was so frozen and dizzy that I needed a lot of help just to come up from the water :-) Believe it or not, it took me allmost 5minutes to change from swimming to biking.
My hands where so frozen that I could hardly put on my shoes (I an amateur, I used the running shoes even for biking).








Now time for biking (31km), three laps on a fantastic & scenic small asphalt road.

Even this discipline is a nightmare for me. Anyway I managed to fullfill these 31km ..... not that fast but anyway :-)





So, finally time for something I know I could make, 11km of running (same asphalt round trip).

I struggeled a lot to take back at least some of all the minutes I lost in swimming and biking..... With just a couple of km,s left I caught up "barefoot Ted of Norway" Mr W... I was so happy for his company, so we ended up this race together after approx. 2 hours 50 minutes .......





All in all this was a great experience for me.
3xGames is hear to stay. The Norwegians just love it. In the evening there was also a forth discipline, party, beardrinking & storytelling... I had a 100% great day ..... Thanks a lot.

Mr L./.












Kommentarer

  1. Fantastic! Looks like a great race and a lot of fun! (And glad to hear you had a good after race party as well!)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks....yes the party was top class...:-)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Thanks....yes the party was top class...:-)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Og det var kul å ha deg med :) Kommer du i år? Sjekk www.3xgames.no - Jakobs

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar