Vintermarathon 2013

Time again for these 6 crazy laps between Husarviken and Ekhagen. Vintermarathon has growned a lot latest years in terms of no of participants, actually the second biggest one i Sweden now.. I hope it will stay big, even when it's arranged outside of Stockholm :-) !

I met up with the man, the myth, El Maco, at restaurant Jakthornet one hour before start, for some good pep-talk. I was most worried about my clothing. +7C and rain was the forecast... should it rain or not ?? In case of pouring rain I was actually considering a "bath-cap" and "winter hand-gloves"...
Well, we very lucky today, just some few drops hit me out on the last lap...

My race today was a good exercice, I started as I am used to, in 5,0-tempo that slowly decreases over time.... passed half marathon just below 1.48. When I reached 27km I understood that last last two laps I will not be able to hold up a decent 5,30 tempo. I ended up happy but tired after 3.51.59 (8min slower than in 2011, when I didn't "jerk" out on last two laps).

El Maco, now we all like to hear your story. Give us every little detail, we all know that this is the kick-off for your "Ultra Vasan 90km" challange in Aug 2014 :-) !!!

L./.

Kommentarer