Vintermaraton 2013 - El Maco Story





Hi
Yes. I am back. This was basically the first training run for me for Ultravasan August 2014 next year. I knew that I was not in perfect shape to do a full marathon since I haven't done the distance since beginning of June this year. My objective was to complete the marathon and try not to walk too much.

Basically I ran the entire distance. I walked one hill after appr 40km - otherwise - running the entire way. But as you see above - the pace was slower at the end.

Lessons learned: I have to salute Mr Legend for this Homerums. He basically runs a homerun (26km) every week. This has generated a fantastic base for him to be able to basically do a sub 4 hour marathon any given day. This is what I want to do as well. I will now try to run one longer run every week. Since my daughter has two training sessions of gymnastics every week (2.5h / session) I will try to utilize this time. If I manage to do 25k every week I think that will be a very good base for the UltraVasan training for 2014.

Plan is to do Skövde 6h mid March, Lidingö Ultra beginning may and then at least Stockholm Marathon early June.

Link to Vintermaraton 2013

El Maco

Kommentarer

  1. So nice to look forward to both Skövde & LU together with you El Maco..... and yes, I believe your plan will make you perfectly prepared for Ultra Vasan..... also, I must admit that somewhere in the back of my head I remember one guy that recommened me to start with some long running (not only in April & May every year :-) .... What was his name... hm I don't remember !!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar