Stadion Marathon Stockholm 2014




4:16. Not a good time. For me this marathon was tougher than I expected. The temperature was -4 at the start and it probably kept that way during the entire race. The track was a "turn around course" - first you ran 750 m and then you turned around - 750m back. As I see it we ran down the entire way until 750m and then headed back to the start again (up of course).

I understood that this will be a tough day. I ran too fast the first 1/2 marathon (passed 1/2 marathon at 1:59). After the 1/2 mark the pace went down and I did the second 1/2 in 2:16. Hence the time was not good but a really perfect start for 2014. This was the race that  I needed! I have now signed up for Skövde 6h (March 8) and Borlänge 6h (March 29). I think this is what I need in order to be at least semi prepared for the UltraVasan end of August. 

I will continue to focus on the long runs. My aim is to make on long run / week. Hopefully I will gradually feel stronger and stronger. Skövde 6h will be highly interesting!

I think that the lesson learned is also that I really need to run longer distances! I am not there yet - that is very obvious! The 6 hour races will be good. After that I might need to also make some 7 and 8 hour training runs. If I am afraid of the UltraVasan? Yes I am! Almost terrified!




Kommentarer

  1. El Maco, this was a great Marathon, congratulations to a perfect start in 2014. Just as you told us, this is not at all a flat one. Also a new record comes with this Stadion Marathon Stockholm here on LR, at least from what I am familiar to, you are now the "Marathon king of low temperatures" (-4C ).......

    Mr L./.

    SvaraRadera
  2. When I compare for example Stockholm Marathon with this race I notice that Stockholm Marathon (from a Garmin Connect perspective) has more elevation meters comparde to this race. I think that the tough part of this race was that almost 100% of the race was either downhill or uphill. Hence there was no moment where you could just run on a flat surface and go with the flow. Interesting experience.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar