This was just a great day. We had sun and probably somewhere between 7-10 C during the entire. A little bit too windy but all in all – super!

We also had a change in the course this year. This year we had the "long course". Hence each lap was appr 1400 m instead of 1200m. I liked this course better (and I think this course was easier compared the previous one since we didn't get the big hill during this lap. Earlier it has been down in a "valley" and then up on a "mountain". This time we didn't have to go down the valley. Hence less incline this year.

My plan was to start in appr 6:00 – 6:15 pace. I did that during the first laps but then I started to feel good so I decided to increase pace. I think I kept 5:40-5:50 pace during big parts of the first 30km. After 30-33km I started to feel a little bit tired and I think I reduced my pace at this time. I passed the marathon time at appr 4:18 – hence 15 minutes faster compared to 2010! I was tired at this point but not dead. When we passed the 5h mark Tobias (son of Mr Legend) popped up and it was great to have him there during the last hours. I walked with him each lap after that (appr 100 – 150 meters of walking). Those walks were really nice and something I looked forward to each lap!  I think I got fresher after those walks as well.

 I felt strong during the last 25 minutes of the race. I even think that I increased the pace a little bit (something that I am happy for). At the end I tried to push Mr L a little bit when he passed my for the second time of the day. I increased pace and tried to give him a final push since he was so close of reaching his goal. I think I managed to do the last lap in 5:35 pace (lets see later in GarminConnect).

All in all – a very nice day. 57.10km which is a new record for me for a 6h run (this was only my third 6h run in my life).

Next stop is Borlänge. March 29 I will take the car and go to Borlänge. That will be another interesting 6 h challenge!

 El Maco

 

Kommentarer

  1. What a great story. I am conviced that a couple of more 6hours run for you El Maco, and we will have new ATH delivered from you, even if I know that this doesn't matter so much for you :-) Nice to hear about Tobias. He gave both us energy, when most needed. Exactly as you described, last hours laps was very very slow jogg or walking upwards. (for me the changed course didn't make any significant difference. In fact, if we had have the 1200m route, we wouldn't be that exposed for the strong winds, down in the small "valley").

    Good luck now in Borlänge. :-)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar