Finally, my DIY Huaraches has arrived

Yeasterday the package with the Huarache Do It Yourselv kit from Luna Sandals arrived. I started making them according the instructions late evening after the rest of family went to bed. I was finished at 02.30. Here is the result.




It was not very difficult but it took some time because it was necessary to be accurate. These are with the the "thick sole" and meant for trail running. I also ordered a thinner sole which I will make sandals of another day and they are meant for asphalt and will have a leather topping for more comfort. Tying was also easier than I expected and I walked with them indoors this morning. The fit and comfort was much better than than I expected. Made a test run of 500m today as well. Felt nice but I think I will need to get used to them. My first impression is that this is quite close to real barefoot running and more barefoot feeling than five fingers. The sole is very adaptive and the sandals let the toes and feet work unrestricted, just like barefoot. I will let you know more when I have tested them more.

Kommentarer

  1. Wow! They look excactly like the shoes in Born to Run - right? I know that Mr Mizuno has started to run barefoot now - totally barefoot. I guess this will be the perfect thing for him. Cost? Where?

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar