Premier running with Luna DYI 6 mm sandals

Yesterday, I made my second set of Luna DYI sandals. This set has the thinner sole (6mm) instead of the 10mm which I made the first set of. And today, I made my first run which my 6mm sandals. I ran on a mix of aspfalt and gravel road. These sandals are the thinnest and they vere even closer to barefoot feeling than the 10mm sandals I tried the day before. I ran 7km and it went really good. No problems at all. I was worried about getting abrasion marks from the lacing between the toes. But I noticied nothing from that. In fact, it seems that its bigger chance to get abrasion mark from walking with these sandals. It is depending of how the feet are placed on the ground. So I will need more time to adjust to walking with them, but no time to adjust to running with them ! Pure barefoot is still my preffered running element, but these sandals will be a nice supplement to bring and put on when the surface is too demanding. They are so light and neat so I can tie them to the clothes or water belt. I think it is a big difference between these sandals and the vibram 5 fingers.
Here is a short video from my run, the quality is not so good.


I ordered the 6mm sandals with the leather top surface for better comfort. As long as its not wet or muddy I will prefer these thinner sandals. The 10mm has the thicker leather laces and does not have the leather topping and will be for more heavy duty trail running.

Kommentarer

  1. Oh, so cool ! Do you have any link to where you ordered them ?
    L./.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Here is the link: https://www.lunasandals.com/

    SvaraRadera
  3. Wow Mr W! You are the man of the month on the blog. Videos! Long reviews! I love it! Mr l will you buy them as well?

    SvaraRadera
  4. Mr W! I went to the website. There are a number of options to choose from. Can you make a new web posting and describe excactly what you ordered. What sole, what other things etc.

    Do you recommend us to buy this? The thick one or the thin one?

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar