Kungsängen Ultra - What a great run!


I met Mr Legend at 07:40. We set up the energy station and I also met the responsible guy at Kungsängen IP. We got our own locker room, showers, sauna, everything! 



Mr L and I started exactly 08:00. The weather was absolutely perfect. +5C and sunny at the start. The temperature rose to +11 C at the end - sunny all the way. Maybe the most beautiful autumn day so far this year.





Appr 40 minuters later Mr 3:19:57 showed up. I started to run right away. I think that I ran with him during 10km today. Great run and we kept the pace really slow. I tried to maintain 6:30 pace while Mr L probably ran 5:20 - 5:30 pace. Great to see Mr 3:19:57 out there again. He said that he has never been this fresh (after 16km). Yes - probably due to the pace but really nice that he doesn't have any pain anymore.




A little bit after 09:00 Fernando and Jonatan came! Fernando forgot his shorts so he had to run in underwear. I guess that is some new fancy fashion - none seemed to notice anything. Fernando and Jonatan ran extremely fast- I think 5:00 -5:15 pace. Far too fast for me. Jonatan aimed to run during 3 hours and Fernando said that he will run either 3 hours or a full marathon.

It turned out that Jonatan got knee problems after 20km. Really sad. So I couldn't run anymore. Fernando increased pace and managed to run 30km. I don't know the time for Fernando.



At 10:40 Ida, Jonatan and Alma came. Really nice. We ran 7km together (in my 6:30 pace). Hopefully this was the start for some nice ultra runners!




I passed the marathon distance at apps 4:43. Mr L passed it at 4:03. He was tired then but consider the fact that he did it 40 minutes faster than me!



Last lap. In total I ran 6:02:19 and did 53.89km. I felt pretty fresh all the way even though I was tired the last hour. How I will be able to double the time in three weeks is pretty crazy! Probably I have to walk a lot!!!

Växjö October 27 - here we come!



Kommentarer

  1. Great thanks to El Maco for this very unique arrangement. So nice concept that friends could drop in during the day. Kungsängens IP, what a fantastic and nice little 5-star area :-)

    First time ever for me, running long distance on field track. Fist three hours I had no problems at all with the underlay. I felt a little bit stiff after passing marathon distance...

    All in all a perfect preparation for Växjö 12h on Oct 27th :-) :-)

    BR
    K./.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks, great arrangement, as you mentioned El Maco, i felt really fresh after 17-17 km and after my 20 km as well. Today i have heavy pain in my muscles but probably normal due to my lack of long distance last years. Anyhow i hope i can keep up the training, i really enjoy running on the tracks. Also, it became a social event when more runners show up and i got some good advices from Ida as well(nice to meet her), regarding my injury problems (höfter, vad, knä osv..)

    Thx for a nice Run!

    3:19:57

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar