Personliga rekordens tävling 12hours

12h run premier on Värendsvallen. Temp at start (AM 09.00)  -3C increased during the day to appr +7C at PM 14.00. Look at the start field, here they are, my true heroes, all of them.


My race
I started up in super underware and I really needed that for the first two hours. Perhaps I should have taken off the super underware, let's say at noon at least, but I did not.
First nine hours I was in fairly good shape, but last hours was more or less only walking together with El Maco. Al in all I was very happy to reach 90km in this my very first 12h run, without any major injuries. The following three points below where my main lessons learned,

1) loose up the shoestrings or change to larger shoes at latest after 7-8 hours.. (yes, my feets got swollen....)
2) Eat more (even if full-loaded as I was), already after 4,5 hours and all the way (food, not fast sugar....)
3) Find new or shift to more suitable clothes (underware & tights) if possible, after max 8hours, in these changing temperatures..


100% consentration when your laps get registered,
a style study after 11hours 30min :-)
Greatest thanks to Christer, VAIS & Reimas proffesional approach and happy feeling that made this event to something extra nice.
I really hope they will continue with this 12h dicipline, since there is not to many of them out there. Also of course my biggest congrats to my sparring partner El Maco (the new LR king of 12h with impressive 93,7km). 








My happy crew recovered well the day after in Copenhagen
Tobbe & Marre, thanks for Pizza & milk delivereances during the day. Tobbe joined for a couple of laps in the end of the race. That was enough for El Maco to convice Tobbe to start train right now for Skövde 6h next spring......









Mr L./.

Kommentarer

  1. Great recap Kent! It was a true amazing run. I am already now all fired up for a longer run now in November. Lets plan something here in Kungsängen, or wherever you want!

    Today they opened the registration for Stockholm Ultra next year. We should apply for the 100km race!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar